One day in 2003, I was heading down Highway 138 from Conyers, Georgia on my way to Athens, Georgia. Done it many times while attending the University of Georgia. It was a beautiful Fall day. The temperature was just perfect for October. No humidity (a rarity for Georgia) and the sun was twinkling through the trees as I was driving. My mind drifts to the many times I drove back to school on a Sunday afternoon after a home visit. I am so excited to be heading back to school to be with friends and my classes are not bad. I next think about the UGA football games in the Fall and the excitement football brings to the campus. All that red and black! All that team spirit! All the sorority and fraternity parties! Being young and just enjoying life in college. And then, out of the blue, while having these warm memories of heading back to study and live on campus, I turn to my front seat passenger and realize that it's my 17 year old son with me and that I am taking him to Athens for a college visit.
OMGosh! I had so forgotten I am now a parent of a college bound son. When did that happen? I just about drove off the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment