One year in the 1990's, our middle school got a new chorus teacher.
Now, let me point out: I have a problem. It relates to the fact that I also have a journalism/public relations/communications undergraduate major. I worked for the Rockdale Citizen newspaper in high school ("The School News" ) and worked at the Rockdale Citizen during the summers I was home from college. I would say to be in Journalism, you need an inquisitive nature. Remember, one is trying to answer in the first paragraph: WHO? WHAT? WHEN? WHERE? WHY? HOW? We do this because many times the busy reader only has time to read the first paragraph of stories. If he/she likes what they are reading, then they continue. But you get the facts out there FIRST and then elaborate in future paragraphs.
So, here's my problem. When I meet someone for the first time, I start spewing questions. Where are you from? Where did you go to school? Do you have brothers and sisters? Are you related to anyone from (take your pick) with the last name (take your pick)? Ect. Get the picture?
I'm curious, yes. But I am also interested in people. Sometimes I try to connect people together with the same interests. Recently I was at a party in my neighborhood. One new gal I met worked for American Airlines. I knew another gal who did the same. I brought her over, introduced them to each other, and left. Yep. Left. (As I turned back - they were just chatting away. My job was done.)
I've even introduced people to each other who have gotten married. See? I like to help people.
So, when this new Chorus teacher, Alan Bunn, sat next to me at the lunch table, I began the barrage of 20 questions. Probably around question 15, he picked up his unfinished lunch tray and moved about 5 seats away from me at the same table.
Was it something I said?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment