When my oldest was in Conyers Presbyterian Church's pre-school, I too, taught there. He was in the 4-year old class, while I taught the 3's.
In the back of the class was a section set aside for a "make-believe" house - especially a kitchen area. A fake refrigerator, a fake ironing board, fake iron, fake table, plastic food, etc. All pretend and all child size. We had miniature brooms, mops, chairs, you name it.
There really was nothing masculine about this area. Checkered curtains, a baby doll crib, a baby doll, blankets, table cloths...all feminine touches. I guess I thought the boys got their turn with the sandbox, trucks, and pales outside.
But they got their turn alright. These 3-year-old boys, with NO older siblings (I asked) and whose parents I KNOW would not let them see movie/TV material beyond their age appropriateness, would turn those mops and brooms into machine guns and rifles.
Now you tell me. Is this "war-like" existence inbred or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment