Well, I hate to admit this to some of you. You were/are right.
Yep, you've been tagged.
In the 1990's in Rockdale County (don't think it's not happenin' in other counties), student folders were being passed from elementary school to middle school with color coded tag information on them. Such as:
1) Male
2) Female
3) High learner
4) Low learner
5) Caucasian
6) African-American
7) Hispanic
8) Disability
9) No Disability
ETC. You get the picture.
They did this to keep teachers from having to read through the entire students files to compose a diverse classroom and not have it too one-sided in any direction.
As a support teacher, I was helping homeroom teachers create their classrooms for the next school year. I don't remember all the colors for the categories above but they were normal colors yet one color stood out to me and I asked about the tag color. A general classroom teacher told me that those tags were for "disagreeable parents."
If you ever thought that a teacher came into a parent conference with a chip already on her/his shoulder before you even spoke a word, this may be the reason. I am sure I have been tagged at some point and time in my career as a parent. Now we all know why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment