Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do you spell that?

OK - I homeschooled my youngest for 2 years in 2nd and 3rd grade. He is a smart boy. And here's how I know...

Our oldest was a smart boy, too. He had great habits - worked hard in school, good time management skills, captained his high school football team, kept an "A" average in high school, responsible, yada, yada, yada....so his bad habit was that he cussed. And we let him. Gee, when you've got everything else in your life going right, you gotta have something,
right? Some release? He wasn't druggin', drinkin', lyin'....so we allowed the cussing in our house. My boys are smart. I am NOT smart.

With that said, we DIDN'T think he was cussing around his younger brother who is 8 years younger. Yeah, right.

So, one day my youngest, who finished his work, went outside to play. Later in the afternoon, a man rang my doorbell. He was keeping up the yard next door for the real estate agent, as the house was empty and for sale. He asked me did I have a child at home? I said I did. He then proceeded to tell me that someone had taken some paint and had written on the crawl space door of the empty house. Would I come take a look?

He knew to come to my house because he "followed the paint drops back to my yard." A real dectective that guy. Knowing that this probably had something to do with a little 7 year old, I asked him to tag along. We walked over and the man pointed out the white crawl space door with the blue lettering that was scrawled with paint that read, "FUCK." I was shocked! I couldn't believe it! I was in denial!

Before confronting my youngest, I said, "I just don't think my son did this." He laughed and was very comforting telling me how he had raised boys and that I guess his bottom line was, "Boys will be boys."

I said, "No, you don't understand. I am homeschooling him. I know his spelling skills. I can't believe he wrote this because this word is spelled correctly!"



No comments: