No teacher wants to think this or know this. This is really just TMI - too much information. But it is a true story and as such, will be shared. But you might want to cover your eyes on this one. Get ready. Here goes:
I had to call the parent of an 8th grader for disciplinary reasons. I got the grandmother on the phone. The female student was living with her at the time and it became apparent fairly quickly to me that the grandmother was having difficulty handling the granddaughter. She went through several scenarios of what the student had been caught doing at her home. Now, I am on the school phone, near the front office, with other teachers walking around conducting school business. I called between the class change as it seemed necessary to nip this problem in the bud as soon as possible. I am trying to make this phone conversation as professional as I can but I feared that I was going to hear more private information that I didn't really want to know. And it happened. Grandma says, "Do you know that I caught her just yesterday with this boy's peepee in her mouth?!?!"
I was speechless. Well, what could I say?? I was on the phone and my class was waiting on me!!
I quickly ended the call. I could NOT get that image out of my brain. I'm sure my expression concerned the other P.E. teacher who was standing there because she thought I was about to faint.
Granny! Say it ain't so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment